Monzingers is a drinking game that was created in Pacific Beach, CA after a fun night at the bars. Monzingers is one of the best drinking games ever created. It is very basic and easy to teach to your friends. You need at least two people to play, but it is much more fun with groups of at least 4 or more. In order to play the game, you need at least 4 dice (2 is ok if you don’t have extra), a shot glass, a table or other flat playing surface, and your favorite hard alcohol. The shot glass is the filled with a pre-determined amount of alcohol (full, half, etc..). The players must sit around the table and keep their same positions throughout the game.
To start the game, each player will roll one of the dice. The player with the highest roll starts the round. Each player will then take turns rolling two dice. After Each person has rolled, the player with the lowest roll must take the shot. After the shot is taken, the person sitting to the left of the person who rolled first starts a new roll. You continue to do this until everybody has had a chance to roll first. Once this happens, you have completed a round.
Here are the rules that make the game interesting….
- You can not quit in the middle of a round…Once the round is started, you are not able to quit until everybody has had their chance to roll first.
- If a player rolls off of the table, he/she automatically takes the shot. After the shot is taken, the remaining players still make their rolls and the one with the lowest roll takes a shot
- If a player rolls a 12, every other player must take immediately a shot. After the shot is taken, the remaining players still make their rolls and the one with the lowest roll takes a shot.
- If a player rolls snake eyes, he/she automatically takes two shots. After the shots are taken, the remaining players still make their rolls and the one with the next lowest roll takes a shot.
- If a player rolls out of turn, he/she automatically takes a shot. After the shot is taken, the remaining players still make their rolls and the one with the lowest roll takes a shot.
- If two or more players roll the same number, a roll-off will determine who takes the shot for the round. The players re-roll their dice at the same time, and the lowest roll takes the shot. If the players roll the same a second time, they both take shots.
- During a roll off, one of the rolling players may challenge the other to take additional shots. If this happens, both players must agree to the terms before the roll takes place.
These are the basic rules to follow when playing Monzingers. The game becomes more fun when you begin to add your own rules for people to drink more. If taking shots is too much alcohol, you can play with mixed drinks, beer, or anything else you can find.
Submitted by tmbtc12